Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Sin

Sin

I wake up to the sound of police sirens, I look out my window and see three police cars outside of Adam D220’s house. He must be a Pure. The police only come for the Pures. No one is meant to know about the Pure’s the only reason I know what they are is because my dad and I work for the government. Classified information only for the chosen few. I do my job and look for any Pures, I didn’t expect Adam D220 to be one though.
A Pure is anyone who fights the system. They would rather live in a world like the one we lived in before, rather than the one we live in now. We left the world of violence and hate, and started a new one building it out of love and compassion. We still need laws though, nobody's perfect. We run on a system called the CLONE. Everyone is a clone of either Adam or Eve. Eve Winters and Adam Aetas were the C.E.O and chairman of the Eden Project. The Eden Project was a  new experiment to see if we could make a better human race than the one we destroyed. All males are identical to Adam Aetas, and all females are an exact replica of Eve Winters. The perfect human being.
I walk over to my desk at the other side of my room and write Adam D220’s name on my whiteboard. With Adam D220’s name added to the list that is one hundred and thirty- five Pures This town has caught this month, and the numbers are rising. They have never been this high before. I think something is going on. No one ever listens to me though. Since I am only sixteen and the rest of my co-workers are in their mid-thirties, I am inexperienced and naive compared to them so they never listen to me. However if someone’s keeping track Adam E320’s has only made three captures this week unlike me who had made twenty captures and that was all before lunch on Monday morning.
After three hours of tossing and turning I finally fell back of to sleep and dreamt about the Pures. I was one of them. I stole the code to terminate the CLONE machine and was running for my life. I've had this dream many times before, but this time it is different. Someone is whispering in my ear the whole time telling me the exact same words over and over again “ The time is right, run”. I don’t tell anyone about my dreams, otherwise they would think I am a Pure and would be executed for my crimes against the CLONE.
The sunlight pours through my window and wakes me up. Unhappily II stretch and walk into the kitchen where I find dad pouring two cups of coffee, I grab one of the cups and sit down.

“morning Eve G349” My dad says with the same smile he always wears on a morning.
“Morning Adam D467” I don’t dare call him Dad, because that is another thing Pures do. I chug down my coffee pop some toast in the toaster for Dad and me, get the butter out of the fridge and wait. Ping! The toast is ready and I layer it with a very thin line of butter. This is what breakfast is like everyday. Nothing changes, and it never can change, because yet again that is another Pure trait. I wouldn’t mind  having coffee and toast everyday for the rest of my life, but its the fact that I hate toast. I never have liked it, but I eat it because who wants to be executed for not eating toast?
The rest of the day carries on like every other day in my life… well except for one thing. found a Pure and I didn’t report it. I was just locking up everything (since I work all of the late nights) when a Pure came up on the system. He was just a boy, ten years old at most, I couldn’t take away his life when it had only just begun. The only reason he was a Pure is because his parents were and everyone know a child does whatever their parents do, its human nature. Thats the only thing Cloning can’t take away from us, human nature. So I ignore the notification and continue locking up the office.
This is how Eve G349’s creates the story of Original Sin, all because of the one notification she ignored. Its started a revolution, Clones against Pures. For twelve years this battle goes on. Blood forever spilling on the battlefield, the Clones blood that is. Only the Clones never stopped cloning. Year after year the Pures defeated the Clones until a new batch of Adam and Eve’s were born. All until one girl that goes by the name of Eve G349 Steals the code to terminate the CLONE machine and runs for her life. She ran, and ran and  never stopped for breath until she had delivered the code to the Pure captain. The CLONE machine was destroyed and the Pure’s won.They called it The War of Eden. The Apple against the Immortals. That is until the Immortals ate the apple. They became mortal and were destroyed. Eve G349’s story ends here. She became the apple and fulfilled her dutyBecause every new world needs the story of sin. Doesn’t it?