Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Clue?

This is a short story my friends and I wrote together for school. 


Clue?
Plum’s P.O.V: Chapter 1
Written by Grace Franks

The clock chimed three and I knew I was ready. I quickly re-applied my lipstick and left my room to meet Mustard in the observatory. As I was walking down the hallway I started to think about our fight we had last night. I didn’t mean what I said about killing him, I love him, I love him more than I have ever loved anyone in my life. At this thought I run down the hallway straight to the observatory; the old worn out floorboards creaking as I run.  I don’t even knock I just sprint through the door to the observatory and begin talking.

  “ I am sorry for last night I didn’t mean what I said about wanting to kill you. I love you you know that” I confess to Mustard.

“Mustard are you listening to me? Mustard?”

I walk over to his chair that is facing away from the door and spin it around. The scream that comes out of my mouth next was so high pitched it could shatter glass. Crimson red blood cloaked Mustards once white shirt and where his heart would be was an old skeleton key was plunged into his chest.
The next moments were so fast that they seemed to fly by in a matter of seconds. First the maid came running in and stared at the body then once she regained her sense she called the police only to find out the phones were dead and the lines had been cut. She then told me to find everybody and to tell them to meet in the hall to talk about what has just happened.  once everyone was in the hall the maid began talking.

“ I am afraid to tell you but there has been a murder in this house. I tried to call the police  but the lines have been cut. Mustard is dead and someone in this room has murdered him”

A collection of gasps fill the room.  Then as if a tsunami of noise flooded the hall everyone started talking at once. No one could hear what anybody was saying so the noise just grew and grew until a loud boom silenced everyone. The maid dropped the gun and we all stared at her.

“ Please be quiet. We need to think about this logically. There is a murderer in this house and they might strike again. I don’t know how long it will be until we can get hold of the police so we need to figure this out ourselves we need to find the murderer and contin them so they don’t kill anyone else….”




Story Continued In The Maids P.O.V Written By Chloe Miller

Clue?
The Maid’s P.O.V: Chapter 2
Written by Chloe Miller

I ran in the study to see Ms. Plum sobbing next to a dead body covered in red blood with a key sticking out of his chest. I called 911 but the lines were all cut, what do we do now? I slammed the  old worn out phone down. “ Plum go get everyone and tell them its an emergency, we have a murder on our hands!”  I said in hurry. The next few minutes seemed to fly by in seconds.

“ I am afraid to tell you but there has been a murder in this house. I tried to call the police but all the lines have been cut. Mustard is dead and someone in this room has murdered him” I said as calmly as I  could.

  There were gasps and whispers, then they  turned into screams, I shouted to get everyones attention that didn't work so I shot the gun which let out a loud boom.

    “ Please be quiet we need to think about this logically. There is murderer in this house and they might strike again. I don't know how long it will be until we can get hold of the police so we need to figure this out ourselves. We need to find the murderer and contain them so they don't kill anyone else. Now to see who is guilty and innocent I have to receive everyones alibis. We didn’t find the body until 3:00pm but from the look of the blood and the colour of the body the murder must’ve happened around 12:00pm” I turn round to look at Plum. “Plum where were you at 12:00pm this afternoon?” I asked

          “ I was in the guest room studying for my final test in medical school.” Plum sobbed holding in tears.

“Peacock where were you at the time of the murder?”

“I was in the living room discussing my divorce with my lawyer” Peacock said with a pale face.

“And Scarlet where were you during this tragic time?”

“ I was reading romance novels in the spa” Scarlet said innocently

“ Greene where were you at the time when Mustard was killed?

 “ I was reading a murder mystery novel on the patio.” Greene said smiling “ But the question is, where were you at the time of the murder Maid?”
               
                   
 

Story Continued In Scarlet’s P.O.V Written By Elsa Elshani


Clue? 
Scarlet's P.O.V: Chapter 3
Written by Elsa Elshani

Just a few seconds ago the Maid was asking for everyones alibi and now she is the suspected murderer.

“ You seem to know an awful lot about murder investigation, Maid.” Greene said suspiciously.

“For your information I am in university right now aiming to become a detective so this is my area of expertise.”

“ Its true!” I Burst out.

“ And how would you know that?” Greene asks me

“Unlike you Greene I like to know who my Maids are and what they would like to do with their lives” I say proudly. “But I guess you wouldn’t know that since you have barely spoken to me since I came here”

" It was you!" Greene's voice is booming through the hall.

   " How could it be me?" I shout

   " You're new here, nothing bad like this has ever happened before! Suddenly you show up and Mr.Mustard is dead!" Oh great just a second ago the Maid was the murderer and now its me!

  " It wasn't me! I swear!"

   " How would we know that?" Plum asks. " Greene is right you are the new one here. None of us know you."

  " That doesn't mean that I am a killer!" I shriek.

  " Then who would it be? Peacock yells in my face.

   " I don't know but no one should suspect that it was me. There is no proof." My voice comes out as a whisper. " No one has proof." Which was true I hadn't done anything. And right now these strangers were accusing me of a murder... My face must have been masked in horror, because Plum tells everyone.

    " Look at her she's pale, you are all scaring her."

   " THE KEY!!" I scream. Everyone jerks back when I say this.
 
  " What about the key?" Peacock asks in a questioning tone.
 
" There was a skeleton key plunged into Mustard's chest."the Maid explains.
 
" Like we don't know that!" Greene says sarcastically.
 
 " Yes but with the key we can see which door it leads to."
 
 " I think I know where she is getting with this." Plum begins.
 
" But who would want to take the key out of Mustard's chest?"

    I will." A voice comes from behind us.  All of our heads turn to see that the voice belongs to the butler. Its the first time he has spoken since the murder. This makes me think that the butler killed Mustard. If he could grab the key out of his chest then he could have the guts to kill him too. It seems like the group is gasping a lot now, because we all do. I know that they are thinking that he is the killer as well.

  " Only if you want me to." he starts to explain. " It's in my job description, to do whatever the guests of the house want to."

   I don't know that I have been holding my breath until I release it all when he finished explaining. From the way I hear the others, they have been holding their breath too.

   " Go ahead if you dare." Greene’s voice startles me. " It is pretty gruesome in there."

  They butler walks towards the door. We all follow. A moment of silence has spread upon us as we head for the observatory where we have left the body untouched until now.  The butler takes out the key for the observatory. One that only he and Mustard could have. Crossing the observatory off my list when we look for which rooms the key door opens. When the observatory door swings open. BOOM! The  old and worn out door hits the observatory walls. Everyone jumps, startled, which is odd considering all the events that have just happened a door slamming shouldn't be that big of a surprise.  But it still is and I cling to Plum, she shakes me off. Like I am a bug, like I am nothing. To these people I am nothing. Unless I can clear my name. Then I can be treated normally and they will be more forgiving. They should feel bad for accusing people so badly.

    The butler walks over to the chair where Mustard lies. A chill goes down my back. What kind of person would do this. The guests look over at me and my cheeks fill with warmth. They believe that I have done this. That I am a horrible, awful person. They think that I am killer.  The butler leans over  Mustard. He reaches over and pulls out the key.  From behind me I can hear Plum let out a small whimper. I look behind me. She is clinging to Greene for dear life. Greene is smiling a wicked smile. I shake off the thought and look back. The butler hands the key over to me. Another chill goes down my back. The butler looks like he is giving me something that belongs to me.

  " What are you going to do with the key now?" Greene asked slyly.

  " Ihat I am going to do with the key is this." I walk right out of the room.

    The key feels warm in my hand . I try to open the door to the living room and try to twist the key. It doesn't budge. I feel guilty because I wanted the key to open this door. Then they would know that it was Mrs. Peacock and not me. I then try the theatre and I hear the rest of the guests following me. The theatre doesn't work, I hurry to the spa, this is my where I was. I am worried that this key will open the spa.  The key fits in. My hands start to sweat I feel tense. I turn the key and I hear a lock snap open. The spa door opens and I feel like dying. When I turn around everyone is glaring at me with dirty looks. They all think that it was me.
Story Continued In Peacock’s P.O.V Written By Fiza Janjua




Clue?
Peacock’s P.O.V: Chapter 4
Written by Fiza Janjua 

A few hours earlier….

It had just turned noon; I was walking past the observatory when I heard a loud boom I turned my head back and saw the observatory door slam shut. I ran to the door and tried to open it, but the door was locked so I looked through the little keyhole and what I saw next was the most terrifying thing in my whole life. The murder of my beloved step-brother.

  What I witnessed next was unspeakable, I saw Greene in the motion to stab him but my dear brother throws a vase at him in the attempt to save his life, but he sadly misses and Greene plunges the skeleton key into his heart sending him into a deep dark world which we call death. Red blood dripped down his arm and fell into a puddle on the beige carpet. I was screaming and yelling inside but outside no one could hear a sound as I fell to my knees, weeping in the loss of my dear brother.

  Suddenly the door swings open and I fall onto my back and land on the cold carpeted floor. Sobbing as I remember the last happy memories of when my brother and I were together but interrupting my sad memories is Greene as he glares at me in anger and confusion.

“What have you done!” I yell at him using all my strength before I collapse to the floor. I black out.

  The next thing I know I’m sitting on the patio across from Greene, I scramble to my feet and slowly back up.

“Don’t hurt me!” I say trembling with fear.

 “I won’t hurt you, I promise. We just need to talk.” He says.

“Talk? What’s left to say? You murdered my brother, Jacob! You killed him!” I yell.

“Your Step brother.” He corrects.

“We loved each other so much, neither of us ever felt like we were step siblings.” I answered him. I stared at him in disgust. “You should be ashamed of yourself! Do you even realize what you’ve done?” I told him. I looked into his eyes and saw regret but when I saw the rest of his face he seemed pleased with himself.

“I did it in the name of love you know, a love that was meant to be. Until it was interrupted by a minor setback, but I’ve taken care of that now.” He said with a sly smile on his face. “Now I have a proposal for you, I feel really bad for you. I know how you’re going through your divorce and the loss of your step brother. But you have to be strong and I want to help you get through this.” He told me.
“Help? I don’t need your help! And for your information I wouldn’t be grieving in the loss if you hadn’t killed him!” I yelled at him.

“Oh, but you do. It has come to my attention that you are in some financial trouble.” He answered me.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“That lawyer you hired is awfully expensive, don’t you think?” He said.

“Thats none of your concern.”

“Oh, but I want to help you.”

“I already told you I don’t need your help!”

“Listen I’m only going to say this once, so you better listen carefully. I will give $500,000 and pay for the lawyer as well, and all you have to do is forget everything you saw.” He tells me.

 I sit there thinking for a minute. Am I really that selfish and self-absorbed that I’ll forget the murder of my own brother, just for a couple hundred bucks? I wasn’t sure, I shouldn’t be. But it was my situation that was making me think otherwise.

“You’re taking an awful long time thinking about this you know. Just let me remind you what I’m capable of.” He yelled at me this time, tapping his finger on the old worn deck chair. I had thought about and I had made my decision. I needed the money and I had to get away from my horrible husband. And it wasn’t like I wouldn’t give him a proper funeral.

“So what will it be.” He asked me.

“I accept.” I felt absolutely dreadful and I couldn’t believe what I had done. But I kept reminding myself that it was a life and death situation.




Story Continued In Greene’s P.O.V. Written By Jane Milligan








Clue?
Greene’s P.O.V: Chapter 5
Written By Jane Milligan


 “My plan worked they never suspected it was sweet old worn out Mr. Green.” But I had no choice I love Plum, and Mustard did not deserve her he treated Plum horribly. So now with him out of the picture we can be together.  

It was 12:00pm and I went up to the study where Mustard usually spends his afternoons. I slowly walked into the observatory. Mustards chair was turned around facing the bay window. At this point I am starting to rethink killing him but then I think of plum and I got a boost of confidence.

      “Is that you green” Mustard asks.

     I reach into my pocket and feel the shape of an old skeleton key. As I start to walk towards him he says,

“what are you doing Green?”
 
    I go to grab him but he picks up a vase and throws it at me with great force I quickly duck and he misses but the Vase crashing made a loud boom, I hope no one hears. That’s when I reach for the key and plunge it into his chest just like in my book. I gasp as the ruby red blood drips onto my fingertips I can’t believe what I just did. A loud gasp comes from the door I turn my heat for a second and I feel a hand reach up and grab me it was Mustard he found a last bit of strength so I stab him repeatedly with the key. I run over to the door and push it open I see Peacock is laying on the floor sobbing.

     “What have you done she screams”

     “Just listen “I say

But she falls back with a boom hits her head, and blacks out. My adrenalin is pumping now what; I can’t have anyone see me in this room. So I quickly grab her and drag her to the back porch being careful not to be seen. She slowly regains consciousness. But when she sees who she’s with and where she is Peacock backs away. She has a confused yet angry look on her face.

“I did it in the name of love you know, a love that was meant to be. Until it was interrupted by a minor setback, but I’ve taken care of that now."
I say trying to reassure her but she looks more confused than ever. So I try to explain.

“Now I have a proposal for you, I feel really bad for you. I know how you’re going through the divorce and the loss of your step brother. But you have to be strong and I want to help you get through this.” I said to Peacock.

“Help? I don’t need your help! And for your information I wouldn’t be grieving in the loss if you hadn’t killed him!” She yells at me.

“Oh, but you do. It has come to my attention that you are in some financial trouble.” I say trying to get her to agree with me.

“What do you mean?” She asked me.

“That lawyer you hired is awfully expensive, don’t you think?” I said.

“That’s none of your concern.” She says to me

“Oh, but I want to help you.” I think my proposal is getting to her.
 
“I already told you I don’t need your help!” She yells at me.

“Listen I’m only going to say this once, so you better listen carefully. I will give $500,000 and pay for the lawyer all you have to do is forget everything you saw.” I tell her.

A few hours later…

We all go to the hall to meet so we can discuss this tragic death. When I get there everything is hectic people are blaming each other for no reason. I pull peacock aside to make sure she remembers the $500,000 I am giving her.

  Now I am afraid they are starting to suspect me. My story is not adding up.  I really hope my plan for framing Scarlet works. Just then Scarlet thrusts the key into the Spa’s keyhole and turns the key, it opens. I am so relieved my plan worked. I am now out of the picture and they all think it was Scarlet who killed Mustard….


Story Continued In The Butler’s P.O.V Written by ELsa Elshani




Clue? 
The Butler’s P.O.V: Chapter 6
Written by ELsa Elshani


  Everyone had a look of disgust on their face, when Scarlet
opens the door to the spa.

    " Scarlet!" The maid screams in joy. " We have found her it was
Scarlet!"

  When I look at the group of guests I feel happy. But my eyes fall upon Scarlet. Her eyes are threatening to spill tears.From one look at her I can tell she didn't kill him. She looks so innocent and sad.

    " It's not her!" I tell everyone. " She's been framed.  If she had done this crime then she wouldn't have taken the key and tried to open the door. That would be like just telling everyone she did this crime." Everyone thinks about what I have said. Considering the facts. Agreeing with me.

  " She probably switched keys with the spa key and the one she was going
to use to frame someone else with." Greene says a matter of factly.

   " He has a point." Plum agrees.  Scarlet has started to cry. Sobbing coming from her direction.

  " I didn't kill him. The butler is right I have been framed. I was trying
to clear my name."

  I know that everyone else is starting to believe her. Even if they don't want to. " It's not her. At the time of the murder I was getting her a drink." I'm lying about this. Scarlet looks up from her hands. Confusion on her face. She doesn't say anything though. She knows what I am doing.

  " Then who was it?" Green asks.

   A look is shot at him from Peacock. An emotion that I am not familiar with.
I don't know what but she knows something. It looks like the guilt is eating her alive.

   " Winston!" I look up at the sound of my name. It is Peacock.

  " Yes miss?"
   " Get the phone cord fixed. We need to call the police at once when we figure out who the killer is."

  I walk out of the room, once I am about to leave I look over and see Greene look at Peacock in confusion. She doesn't look back at him though. The telephone is red. It is old and worn out. The cable has been cut, a smooth move if you are trying to get away from detectives. I have a feeling that Greene has done this. Peacock knows this, I know she does. It is obvious, if you weren't sobbing like Scarlet and Plum.

  In the closet there are cables. I have to get one so I can change it  for the phone. When I reach for the box it slips out of my hands. I loud  boom echoes in the supply closet. Once I get the cable fixed and I run into the hall to tell the others.
 
" Peacock, the telephone has been fixed."

   " Wonderful." she replies. She inhales deeply." I have an announcement." I walk up behind Greene. In case he does something,, I hope he doesn't. He would if he found out what Peacock is doing. I hope that she does it.

   " Greene killed Mustard." Greene lunges for her but I grab him before he does.
She keeps talking. " I saw him through the keyhole. He found me and offered me 500,000 dollars if I didn't tell any of you. I was foolish. I cannot do that to my brother." Peacock looks down. " I hope you can forgive me."

  Plum walks beside her "Of course we can."

   " Call the police!" Scarlet yells at me. " Now before he gets away."

   " I can't let him go."

   " Fine I will call them!"

30 minutes later…

   The lights of red and blue flash before me. The police had come. They had taken care of Greene. Scarlet was there rubbing it in Greene's face that he hadn't gotten away with framing her. Greene was trying to confess his love to Plum. She shoos him away.

   " I will never love you."

   " I did this for us." He explains to her.

   The police officer takes Greene in the backseat of the car. Then he walks over to me and hands me a 400,000 dollar cheque.

  " Why are you giving me this?" I ask in confusion.

  " For taking this case off our hands. Call us if you need a job as a detective." Then he walks towards the car and drive away.

  Peacock is sitting with her hands on her lap. She looks very sad. I hand her the cheque.

   " This is for your divorce. It's not as much as 500 grand but.." She jumps up and hugs me.

   " Thank  you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"


2 Years Later…

  " Is my make-up okay?" Scarlet asks Plum.

  " Yes it is."

  " Everyone please sit down." The minister tells them.

   I am standing with two other men and the minister. The music starts to play, Mozart's Wedding March. At that time Peacock walks out of the old and worn out doors . Her dress is red, a dark ruby red.

   " She looks gorgeous." Plum whispers to Scarlet. Scarlet nods in awe. Peacock gets to the stand.

   " Could we just skip this part?" I ask.

   " As you wish." The minister replies.

   " Eleanor Peacock do you take Winston Mark to be you husband?"

   " I do."

   " Winston Mark do you take Eleanor Peacock to be your long wedded wife?"

   " I do."

   " You may now kiss the bride."

 Although this is my wedding and I have just married the most beautiful woman in all of creation, I can never quite forget the murder at the mansion. But What would've  happened if we didn’t find the clues?


   THE END